Health and Hygiene Section
- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2020-09-14
- Count Views：182
Since January 1, 2013, the inmates are included into the National Health Insurance. The medical institutions such as Pingtung Christian Hospital, Ping An Hospital, Pingtung Longquan Dental Clinic are responsible for providing health Insurance outpatient medical services. From Monday to Friday, there will be one of each outpatient clinics in the morning and afternoon. Longquan Dental Clinic treats inmates with dental diseases. Ping An Hospital takes care of mentally-disabled inmates. Pingtung Christian Hospital sends specialist physicians, including division of family medicine, Chest, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Cardiology Neurology, Orthopedics. Colo-rectal, Hematology & Oncology, Metabolism, Infectious Disease and others to go to the Prison in turns to protect the inmates’ health. The Prison has set up 2 clinics and 1 dental treatment room. To assist the doctors to diagnose and treat sick patients quickly and accurately and to improve the quality of medical care in prison, there is modern scientific medical equipment such as electrocardiogram, automatic blood pressure meter, forehead thermometer, color abdominal ultrasound meter, automatic autoclave sterilization pot, oxygen generator, respiratory emergency equipment, etc., in the clinics.
- Newly admitted inmates should be given a health check. If any disease is discovered, the inmate should be given the treatment and follow-up, and the inmate should be re-examined every quarter.
- To prevent tuberculosis from spreading in prison, newly admitted inmates to prison should carry out a chest X-ray test and all inmates should carry out chest X-ray test every year.
- Hepatitis A, sexually transmitted diseases and AIDS blood test.
- Oral cancer test and flu vaccination
- Conduct internal and external environmental sanitation and disinfection in prison to prevent the invasion of infectious diseases.
- Inmates newly admitted, borrowed, returned to prison from the court room, visitation with family and others will conduct urine and cigarette drug checks, and be randomly checked to effectively deter the influx of drugs.
Health Education Propaganda
- Skin care, AIDS prevention and treatment-HIV case counseling, tuberculosis prevention, hepatitis and intestinal infectious diseases, dengue fever and other infectious diseases prevention propaganda.
- Tobacco hazard prevention and control propaganda, suicide prevention, drug addiction prevention and drug safety propaganda.
- Inmate cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training.
Inmates' STD and AIDS Blood Test
Inmates' Dental Diagnosis and Treatment