Health and Hygiene Section
- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2019-11-05
- Count Views：49
- I.Medical affairs
- In order to take care of inmates, we have established a socialized medicine clinic, a private pay medicine clinic and an evening clinic providing herb healing, dental care, and psychological care. We arrange consulting hours for each clinic from Monday to Sunday. For medical resources we invite three resident demand doctors and also cooperate with medical institutions such as Pingtung Christian Hospital, Veterans Affairs Commission, Executive Yuan, R.O.C, Long-Min Hospital for more thorough attention and care.
- Count of Visits Allowed：
For those who suffer from chronic illnesses or succumb to epidemics and need specialized care or quarantine, we offer close observation in the detention cellblock. If an inmate develops a severe illness that cannot be appropriately treated with the existing equipment, then the inmate will be escorted, under security measures, to the most appropriate medical institution with which we collaborate. With inmates who suffer from a long-term or even a life-threatening illness we will apply to the Ministry of Justice for consideration of medical treatment on bail.
- II.Preventive medicine
- All newly accepted inmates are given a complete medical check, and, with subsequent consultations, are given proper treatments if found to be ill.
- In order to prevent the dispersion of epidemics such as pulmonary tuberculosis, all newly accepted inmates are given a chest X-ray check. Annually, each inmate in the prison is given a chest X-ray as well.
- Blood examinations for hepatitis B, venereal diseases, and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome are provided.
- Screen testing of oral cancer for all inmates is provided.
- A strong emphasis is placed on disinfection and sanitization of both the inside and outside environment for prevention of epidemics.
- Irregular urine tests are given to detect and discourage drug abuse. In terms of drug users, the provision of drug abstention and treatment, depending on legal regulation, is divided to into three stages and moves in a proper sequence through Adaptation, Counseling, and Re-adaptation. We utilize urine tests for each stage.
- III.Propagate hygiene knowledge
- We constantly invite professionals and experts to deliver speeches about drug abuse.
- Prevention programs about various epidemic diseases.
- We offer attendants cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and some other medical care training on a regular basis.
Inmates' STD and AIDS Blood Test
Inmates' Dental Diagnosis and Treatment