- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2020-09-14
- Count Views：665
The Purpose of Work
The main purpose of the work is to train the inmates to acquire a skill, cultivate their industrious and thrifty habits and the spirit of hard work, so that the inmates can rehabilitate and return to society after being released from prison.
Time and Courses of Work
According to the Law of Execution in Prison, the work time per day cannot exceed 8 hours. The Prison decides the work course according to the education, quantity, work type, equipment condition and other circumstances. The inmates should complete the set work courses within the daily working time.
- Labor Contract Processing Work
The Prison set up 13 operation workshops to contract to processing labor work from public and private entities, including paper bag and carton processing, curtain sliding box assembly, dental floss and cotton swab assembly, clothes washing and other manual processing operations.
- Self-run business
- Brewing Section: The Prison has set up a soy sauce workshop to produce soy sauce, thick soy sauce, camellia oil, black sesame oil, miso and other products. Besides being supplied to inmates in the correctional institutions across the country, those products are also sold to the general public. Due to its good quality and reasonable price, those products are widely favored by consumers.
- Food Section: The Prison has set up a good bakery to produce nougat, nut tower, black sesame cake and other products, which are widely favored by consumers.
- Agriculture Section: The Prison has set up an external sub-prison camp to plant seasonal vegetables and fruits such as guava, Jinhuang mango and Indian candied dates, and set up exquisite agricultural skills training courses to teach inmates the cultivation techniques of exquisite agriculture. Inmates can join agriculture and solve the problem of lack of labor in agriculture after being released from prison in the future.
- Crafts Section: In order to achieve the purpose of regeneration, the Prison uses the camellia oil dregs after pressing and combines them with the soap base to make the camellia dregs health soap. Because camellia oil dregs have the effect of exfoliating and moisturizing the skin, the product is widely favored by experts. In addition, the Prison has set up a Self-run lantern workshop and makes customized and design needed lantern works.
- Autonomous Out-of-Prison Work
The Prison strictly implements the policy of autonomous out-of-prison work by inmates enacted by the Ministry of Justice. The Prison selects the inmates who are about to leave prison and meet the requirements for out-of-prison work. Based on the condition that guard and control is not implemented, the inmates will go to the contract manufacturer’s premises to work on their own. This will enable the inmates to adapt to social life before leaving prison, let them prepare for future rehabilitation and return to society, and implement the highest principle of seamless integration after leaving prison.
Based on the idea to train the inmates’ skill, the Prison actively establishes various skill training courses to enhance the competitiveness of the inmates in the future workplaces. Based on the results of the job market survey and evaluation, the Prison has established the following training skill courses for inmates:
- Food Baking Class C Certificate Courses
The Prison selects baking teachers from neighboring schools to guide inmates’ baking skills in the Prison. This course recruits trainee inmates once a year. Based on the principle of sharing technical training resources, the trainee inmates in each section will be selected from the inmates in Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung and the Prison. The total trainee inmates account for around 30 persons in each section. After six months of training, the inmates will participate in the Skills Certification Examination held by the Skills Certification Center of the Workforce Development Agency, Ministry of Labor, Executive Yuan. Those people who pass the examination will obtain the certificate of Food Baking Class C Certified Technician.
- Short-term Brewing skills training course
To make inmates learn the soy sauce brewing production skills, the Prison hires professional teachers to guide the inmates related skill about brewing food in accordance with the innovation needs in the Prison.
- Short-term Coffee Skills Training Course
So inmates can learn coffee roasting and brewing skills, the Prison hires professional teachers to guide inmates’ related skills about the coffee roasting skill in Prison.
- Short-term Skill Training Course for Local Snacks
So inmates can learn the skills related to food and cooking and to make inmates rehabilitate after release from prison, the Prison hires professional teachers to guide the inmates’ various skills about local snack-related cooking skills in the Prison.
- Short-term Skill Training Course for Cookies and Cakes
For inmates to learn related skills, the Prison hires professional teachers to guide inmates related skill about the various cookies and cake baking skill in the Prison.
- Short-term Leather Carving Skills Training Course
So inmates learn related skills and to inherit the cultural innovation industry, the Prison hires professional teachers to guide inmates’ related skills about the various leather carving skills in Prison.
- Short-term Skills Training Courses for Gardening and Landscaping