- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2019-11-05
- Count Views：495
The major purpose of this section is to train inmates in a particular skill and to cultivate the importance of self-reliance, the habits of being frugal, industrious and Spartan. Meanwhile, any surplus profit can be distributed to improve inmates’ diets, recreation activities, and the prison facilities.
- II.Schedules and curricula
The working schedule is typically 6-8 hours a day with each inmate required to complete part of his job according to the curricula stipulated by the prison.
- In-Prison labor operation：
- Labor Work：There are 11 workshops established in this prison, including electronics assembly and laundry, as well as some other industries which require only unsophisticated skills.
- Self-run business：There is a self-run factory installed in this prison, manufacturing soy sauce and miso. We not only supply to all correction organizations in Taiwan, but also offer some exterior sales. The products distributed enjoy a good reputation.
- Out-Prison labor operation：
We have established an internship farm outside the prison for vegetable farming and poultry farming. By doing this, we develop the inmates’ skills with authentic work while we improve prison diet with the harvest.
- IV.Craft Training
- Electricity wiring ：Working in collaboration with National Pingtung Senior Industrial Vocational School, we recruit approximately 20 inmates in one class and offer two sessions a year. After six months of training, all trainees take the license and certificate examinations held by the Employment and Vocational Training Administration and are granted licenses or certificates if they are successfully passed.
- Baking and Roasting ：We provide the required equipment using the Employment Stabilization Fund, and invite qualified teachers from Tajen Institute of Technology. All trainees take the license and certificate examinations held by the Employment and Vocational Training Administration after 6-months of training, and are granted licenses or certificates if they successfully pass.
- Laundry skill ：We teach laundry skills and techniques with the cooperation of Ming-Xiang Chain Laundromat, thus giving inmates a chance to learn a special skill which will benefit them when released.
- Food fermentation ：In cooperation with National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, we produce products such as soy sauce and miso after research. The products are not only highly praised by the public but have also won awards at various competitions.